Monday, April 23, 2012

Awakening: The Introduction



The needle going in my mouth to numb the area and the drilling of the tooth were the parts I hated the most when getting a cavity treated by our dentist. When I was a child growing up this happened way too often in my opinion. So when our first son was born and the dentist recommended giving him fluoride to help prevent cavities, I thought it was a good idea. We did not have fluoride in our water at this time.

I gave both our sons a prescription fluoride liquid and then tablets from infancy until they were 16 years old. Neither of them have ever had a cavity and they are both adults now. I was a motivated mother in giving fluoride because I didn’t want my children to go through misery in the dentist’s chair. I was feeling good about my decision until I started reading information about the health hazards that can be caused by fluoride on the Internet. I now believe fluoride should not be given to children and should not be added to the public water system. People need to know about the research on potential physical problems caused by fluoride, and that fluoride does not help prevent cavities. Fluoride is a poison.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment